These spicy little corn cakes are a delicious alternative to potato pancakes as a pork-chop side.
recipe adapted from Bon Appétit, August 2014
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen, thawed)
- 1 thinly sliced scallion
- 1/2 finely chopped seeded jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons non flavored cooking oil (preferably Grape Seed)
- Sour cream and lime wedges, for serving
Using a food processor, combine eggs, flour, parmesan and kosher salt. Pulse until combined.
Add corn, scallion and jalapeño. Pulse 2-3 more times.
Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed non-stick skillet or griddle. Pour batter onto hot pan, about 2 tablespoons per fritter. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side over medium heat, until golden.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and fresh lime wedges.