Spring has sprung and fresh juicy pineapples are plentiful and a great price at the grocery store. Pair that with shredded coconut and you’ll have sweet, moist, delicious cake in just 8 easy steps.
Coconut Pineapple Loaf Cake – from Everyday Food
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 20 ounces fresh pineapple chunks or one 20 ounce can in juice, drained well
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread shredded coconut out onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven 6 to 10 minutes until lightly browned, tossing halfway through baking time. Set aside to cool.
3. Prep a 9×5 inch loaf pan with butter and flour or baking spray. Set aside.
4. Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
5. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat one at a time until well incorporated. Lower mixer speed and add flour mixture and sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until combined.
6. Gently stir pineapple and 1 cup of the toasted coconut into the batter. Spoon evenly into loaf pan and top with remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
7. Bake 65-70 minutes, covering pan with foil after 30 minutes. Test for doneness with toothpick.
8. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove cake from pan and finish cooling on a wire rack.